Wednesday, July 15, 2015

     I've got two exciting things to share with you today!  First, I got news today that my salary is increasing!  Teacher pay and salaries have been quite the story in the news here in New Zealand a couple of years ago.  It takes several weeks to establish that you are working, then to establish your pay.  Apparently a couple of years ago, teachers went two or so months without pay as the pay system was being fixed!  I went six weeks here without pay before receiving a paycheck based on a salary for  an untrained teacher.  Today I received notice that my salary will be almost double that and, with a bit of more paperwork, might go up even more!  This was great news!  I spent some time in prayer this morning asking God to work out our finances for us and to provide for us as we trust Him.  :o)  God is good!
     Second, Harrison and I moved a couple of beds and couches into our house today!  I also took pictures since several people had asked us to post pictures on our Facebook page or on here.  So here are some pictures of our new house and the back yard.  We will hopefully be moving in soon when we get a couple more beds.  Thanks to Alison Weinstock, our departing pastor, for a bed, love seat, and some household items!  Thanks also to Donna Williams, our co-pastor, for loaning us another bed!  Again, God is good!
















No comments:

Post a Comment